Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December 2, 2014

Future Purchases


Good evening friends/bloggers. As promised, I have a few photos of the furniture that we've selected so far for the home. I've been searching far and wide for options for our family room and formal living room. I have a specific type of furniture in mind and won't stop til I find it!! We've purchased a few lighting fixtures and will have an electrician install them once we've closed on the house. I hope you like the selections we've made. If you have any suggestions feel free to leave comments as I could use all the help I could get. Til, next time!



This is the Casablanca Isotope Ceiling Fan in Brushed Cocoa. This fan will be placed in the morning room bump out that connects to the kitchen. This fan can be found at Lowes however it is currently discontinued at Home Depot. 



This is the ceiling fan that we have selected for our three bedrooms. It's called the Hampton Bay Mercer Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan. Two of them will go in our children's rooms and the third will go in the guest room. This fan can be found at Home Depot.



This by far is my FAVE lighting fixture in the entire home. This is the E23146 from www.lightingdirect.com. This will go in the formal dining room. I can't get enough of this chandelier. If anyone knows where I can find similar chairs as pictured above please let me know!



This is my second favorite lighting selection. We picked this light to be our foyer/entryway lighting fixture. This is the Kichler Larkin Olde Bronze Foyer Pendant. This can be found on www.lightsonline.com.



This is the fan we selected for our family room. This is the Hampton Bay Valle Paraiso Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan. This can be found at Home Depot. 


This is the Catalina bedroom from Pottery Barn Kids. This bedroom set will consist of the twin size bed with one bedside table with matching dresser and desk. This will be bought in the espresso finish.


This is the Hampton bedroom from Pottery Barn Teens. This bedroom will consist of the full size bed with at least one bedside table (still debating on if I should purchase a second one) with matching desk and small dresser. This will be bought in the espresso finish. 


You would think that I picked this out but credit goes to the boyfriend for this! He has had a long standing love affair with the front loader washer/dryer and I must say that in our old home I had become quite spoiled by not having to bend over to pick up and load laundry when washing clothes. This is LG's newest model, the LG 5.2 cu ft. 14 cycle mega capacity high efficiency steam front loading washer (try saying that three times fast!). The matching dryer is the LG 9.0 cu ft 14 cycle ultra large capaicty steam gas dryer. The color he has chosen is graphite grey. Of course, the pedestals are sold seperately (why!?!). The plus about this washer/dryer is that we can wash our king sized comforter with no problems!


Ok, here is where I also need help. This is my first option for a desk. My boyfriend will have full reign of the office but I was thinking of putting a small desk, like this one in the master bedroom along the wall closest to our entry door. There's more than enough room and I always thought it was pretty chic to have a "lady's corner", where I could put a cute chair with a cute desk lamp and some baubles and journal, blog, and peruse the 'net when I have some quiet time to myself. This desk is the Ava Desk with drawers. This can be found at Pottery Barn.


Ok, here is option #2. This is the Ava Metal Desk and this can also be found at Pottery Barn. The only real difference is in the desk portion as the legs are the same. I like how sleek and minimal this looks. 


This is the bed that we have chosen for our "sanctuary" aka master bedroom, lol. This is called the Duncan High Rectangular Bed. I like the overstated headboard and it has the option of having a footboard added (not sure if we want it or not). This can be found at Bassett Furniture. It comes in several different upholsteries as well as in several differnt colors (I really tried to get the pink option, but the boyfriend wasn't having it, lol). I like how it's pictured here with the bench, which is something that I've always liked. The bench in my opinion could serve as the "footboard". Don't know that we'd go with their pictured choice of the nightstands though, may be a bit too dark. The layout of the bedroom in the above picture will be how our bed and nightstands will be. We won't have any pictures to hang because that's where our window will be. 



This dining set was picked out by the boyfriend. He really liked this and it comes in several different wood grains and colors as well (haven't picked out a color yet). This was found at Bassett Furniture. This table will be in our morning room bump out. We ( I ) wanted something a bit more "rustic" in appearance and a bit more informal. The table fits up to about eight people (with the help of a leaf). You can even purchase a second leaf I believe if you need more seating space. We wanted the option to make the table larger for when we have guests and want to entertain. Of course the chairs are sold seperately and can be custom made. I believe that I will be finding another option for seating, lol, as custom can be another word for "pricey". 


Last but most definitely not least, this is the table that I "strong-armed" the boyfriend into agreeing on for the formal dining space. He wasn't a big fan of the table but he has warmed up to it. This is the Banks Extending Dining Table from Pottery Barn. It comes in two sizes, medium and large. We will be purchasing the medium as it sits anywhere from 6-10 people easily. The large I think would be too big for the space. I love everything about this table. I can invision entertaining friends and family around it. While I've looked at other options, everytime I look at this table I just smile. It can be dressed up or down and will last a long time. I do like the chairs that it's pictured with but I don't want to go broke paying for EACH ONE (why don't they come in sets of two at least?!?). 




2 comments:

  1. Stop! We have such similar tastes. I just bought all the Catalina furniture for our daughter. Also, I really wanted the Ava desk too! I can't wait to see your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the Catalina line of furniture, it's too cute! Pottery Barn is going to get me in ALOT of trouble!! lol.

    ReplyDelete