Thursday, October 23, 2014

May 2014

Oberlin Terrace Floor Plans and Upgrades/Options Pt 2
 
 
Hello everyone out in Blog World!! Here's some additional information just in case you were wondering about our floor plan and what options we chose for our home.
 
 
 
For the kitchen, we chose to go with the Rushmore Square Maple Linen cabinetry. I also got the kitchen hutch! I'm ecstatic over it. It gives me much more countertop space and beautiful glass cabinetry to display my better dishes. We also got hardwood flooring throughout the entire main level living space to include the stairs and the upstairs hallway (lighter wood on the right hand side). We put a carpet runner on the stairs. The hardwood that we went with was the Rural Living "Deep Java" 5" hardwood with hand scraped finishes. We went with the iron-wrought balusters as well. We went with the GE Premiere II Built In Appliances. We got the SS double wall oven and a gas cook top with a  SS dishwasher and SS side by side refrigerator. The fridge will be replaced at some point for a larger one with French doors and a freezer bottom.
 
 
 
This is a picture from a different model Ryan Home however this is the granite that we chose for the kitchen, Azul Platino. I think it's gorgeous! The white cabinetry is also similar to the white cabinets that we chose as well as the dark colored floors. I can't wait for my kitchen! There'll be lots of entertaining in my future.
 
  
 
First official purchase out of pocket for "The OB". In the kitchen of the Oberlin Terrace, there's an option to have rough-ins set up over the gourmet island. Looking for pendant lighting was probably the easiest decision ever. My boyfriend fell in love with the "industrial" looking pendant lights and we found this gorgeous one pictured above at Restoration Hardware. I love their store. I will warn you that a lot of their pieces can be pricey but I believe it's worth it for the quality and the longevity. Can't wait to get these hung up!  
 
 
 
For the master bathroom we chose the Wyoming Square Cherry Spice cabinetry with Wheat Granite. We chose the Nocialla 12x12 floor tile and 6x6 wall tile for the shower and surrounding for the bath tub. We chose the Shaw NVR91 Collinsville #105 Sand Pebble carpet with 8lb defender antimicrobial pad. Don't ask me what those big words mean because I don't know, lol!
 
 
 
For the boy's bathroom we chose the Scotsdale Maple Cognac cabinetry with a plain white marble countertop. We went with Sand colored 12Xx12 tiles and 6x6 white wall tiles for the shower/bath tub combo.
 


2 comments:

  1. I love your kitchen selections! We chose the Rushmore Painted Linen as well! Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, we're set to go to settlement in February. Fingers crossed, we have a smooth closing.

    ReplyDelete