Thursday, November 20, 2014

November 18, 2014

Careful, Utility Work Ahead
 
 
Hello bloggers! This week, we stopped by the house and were met by a big orange sign that said, "Careful, utility work ahead". Low and behold, the utility work was on our lot. Workers were there actively digging to install a gas line that would lead to the house. I can only assume that once that was installed they would then install the electric line either that same day or soon thereafter.
 
I'm super excited that more work is going on because things are really starting to take form.
 
I talked with my SR, Brandon who calls to check in and see how things are progressing with the house. He said that they're right on schedule with everything. He also told me to not be surprised if at some point it appears as though work has stopped on the outside of the home. If it appears that way, it most likely means that they have begun further work on the inside of the residence.
 
I must say that our experience thus far with Ryan Homes has been great. From our SR's to our PM, and even the NRV Inc. team, when we have asked a question we've always gotten a quick response from them.
 
Next step should be our pre-drywall meeting/walk-thru. I'm super excited for that because we'll get an up close and personal tour of the progression of the home so far and get a chance to see where each room will be.
 
I'll be posting in the next day or so what furniture and lighting pieces/accessories we've chosen thus far. In my mind I believe that I'm a pretty good interior decorator and have great ideas for our home.
 
Til next time friends!!

 
Utility workers

Side view of our home. Roof is completely installed with windows.

Utility worker digging hole where gas line is to be installed.

Another view of a utility worker.

Utility workers digging for the gas line.

I seriously cannot WAIT until they install the brick veneer.


4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just found your blog! We are building a Naples in Illinois. We close in 17 days. Our kitchens will be the same color down to the granite! Haha!

    I saw your RH pendants. While we have bought a ton from RH we went with Pettery Barn pendants. Haha! I love your taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I follow your blog as well. Great minds think alike;) Congrats on the impending closing. We're looking at sometime in January though we haven't been given a solid date as of yet. I absolutely love the granite. My boyfriend really liked the pendants that RH had so I gave in, lol. We love RH as well, we're now in the process of trying to narrow down our furniture choices. Decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The furniture is the fun part. All of the RH lighting is stunning. If I had unlimited funds that Odeon chandelier would be in our dining room.

      January won't be too bad. Since you are basically framed out you shouldnt have weather delays. Now is the fun part. We were in our house Monday. It was still dirty, no carpet, no plumbing, and still needed paint. We went again on Tuesday and it was like the house building fairies came over night. The house was mostly finished. It was so crazy.

      Our PM told us at predrywall that changes would happen inside daily. He didn't lie! Haha. I can't wait to see the finished product!

      Delete
    2. You and me both! I literally have to stop myself from dropping by every day. It's shameful how much of a "stalker" I've become. We're about halfway done with picking out furniture. They started bricking this week, so I imagine that the inside work will start next week. I can't wait to see progress by this time next week.

      Delete