Wednesday, November 5, 2014

November 3, 2014

Concrete Floors!
 
 
 
 
We've got concrete floors!! Once again, when I have too much time on my hands I magically find myself "in the neighborhood" and end up at our lot. I have an uncanny habit of dragging the boyfriend along and he goes begrudgingly (I love him!). He's more patient than I am but I feel like if I don't check up on the lot at least 3 to 4 times a week, I'll be missing something and won't be able to share it with you all out here in blog world.
 
So, this past Monday, we went to the lot and saw that the contractors were in the process of laying concrete in our basement and in our garage. O HAPPY DAY! I asked the contractors how long would it take for the concrete to set and they gave me a range between two to three days.
 
The good times just keep on rolling, because no sooner had we left our lot than we received an email from our PM Ross who told us that framing would start the next day. Blessed beyond measure. With the holidays fast approaching this is the perfect present for me because I'm so happy and filled with joy that the dream of building our home together is quickly becoming a reality.
 
Here are some pictures of the contractors and the concrete flooring. I'll update the blog in the next day or so to show you the beginning of the framework they started working on. Til next time bloggers!!
 
 
 
This is the basement with fresh laid concrete. It's HUGE!!

Another photo of the concrete in the basement.

Another angle of the basement floor with concrete.

Contractor smoothing over the concrete for the garage.

Concrete floor of the garage.


No comments:

Post a Comment